Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sad News Of The Death of Nadia Warner




I've just learnt of the sad death my beautiful friend, the artist Nadia Warner. She died in December after a long illness. I've known Nadia from my time as a student in Birmingham in the 1970s and she was a special person with an inner as well as an outer beauty. There was something different about Nadia, an inner light and a way of looking at the world that was very unusual compared to anyone else I knew. The last time I saw her she was all packed to travel round the world and find a new place to live in either Australia or Hawaii. She settled in California for a number of years, furthering her talent as a painter and photographer. But illness brought her back to the UK. Here her painting Veiled Sunset:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I'm a training paramedic who was fortunate enough to meet Nadia in the days before she died. Although I only spent half an hour with her, she left an impression on me that i'll never forget. I was amazed by her talent and particularly took to several of her outstandingly beautiful photographic collages.

I have to this day never met anyone with such a positive attitude to both people and life and she didn't show even a hesitency of complaint even once despite being in obvious poor health.

I hope she has left as great an impression on as many people as I can only imagine she will have. From someone who only met her once - i am sad to see you go.

My love to her mother and friends,

Elizabeth

5:15 pm  
Blogger Isha said...

I have just googled Nadia's name, as I used to know her & was googling for people who I used to know.

Nadia was lovely, and I'm very sorry to have read about her death earlier this year.

For her friends and family this must have been a dreadful blow, and I wish them well.

Isha

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, had just Googled Nadia's name, since I had not heard from her for some time.

I was shocked to learn of her premature death.

Nadia was a highly intelligent, super-talented person who deserved even more than she achieved.

She will be missed by those who knew her.

Stan Kossen, Cagnes sur Mer

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home