Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Brake Drum Assembly To Play Andi Spicer's Percussion Piece 'Baobab' At Henry Wood Hall In London



The London-based percussion quartet Brake Drum Assembly are to perform my Baobab piece on Saturday 28th February at the Henry Wood Hall in London. Sadly, I won't be attending as I have to go to Birmingham that weekend. This is the fifth time this composition has been played and I'm very pleased it's had such a good track record. Baobab is hard to play as it involves polyrhythms inspired by mbira music from southern Africa. Also interesting is that Oli Mayne, who was the BDA's vibes player is now resident in Budapest, so I imagine that a new member will be playing the vibraphone.


Here's the details:

TELEPHONE +44 (0)20 7403 0118
FAX +44 (0)20 7378 8294
EMAIL bookings@hwh.co.uk
POST HENRY WOOD HALL LTD
TRINITY CHURCH SQUARE
LONDON - SE1 4HU
If you want to know more about my music - here's my official web site: http://www.andispicercomposer.moonfruit.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home